Regular Savings Account
This is the basic savings account required for membership in MECU. Your initial $5 deposit in this account represents your share in the Credit Union and is held on deposit as long as you are a member.
You will receive a quarterly statement documenting the activity on your account. If you have any electronic debits or credits on your account you will receive a monthly statement.
How Savings Dividends Are Paid
To earn dividends, there is a minimum daily balance of $250.00 on regular savings accounts. Dividends are calculated using the Daily Balance Method, compounded quarterly and credited to the account as of the last day of March, June, September and December. If you withdraw funds during the quarter, dividends on those funds will be credited at the end of the quarter, provided the minimum balance requirement is met. If you close your savings account before the end of the quarter, you will not earn dividends.
8 FREE Withdrawals per month. Each savings account may have 8 FREE withdrawals per month. There will be a $3.00 fee for each additional withdrawal in a month. Fees will be charged at the end of the month of the withdrawal and will appear on your statement.
How to Make Withdrawals
- In Person – In the office with proper identification
- By Phone – (404)897-6391
How to Make Deposits
- In Person at the Credit Union office
- By Mail – Mail to P.O. Box 93425, Atlanta, Georgia 30377. Include name and account number. Please do not send cash through the mail.
- Payroll Deduction/Direct Deposit – available to WestRock employees. Direct deposit of Social Security, VA benefits, pension, stock dividends or other recurring income checks is also offered. You may need to give your payroll department our routing and transit number to begin deposits.
Christmas Club Accounts
The affordable way to save for that Holiday Season. It can be funded by payroll deduction, direct deposit or over the counter deposits. Checks are issued on November 1 of each year. Dividends are paid and calculated the same as the Regular Savings Account.
Share Draft/Checking Accounts
- Regular Checking Account available to qualifying members
- No per check fee
- Low $7.50 per month service fee, no minimum balance requirement
- Free to members ages 50 and above
- ATM cards
- Overdraft protection from other MECU savings/share draft accounts
- Money Orders
- Postage Stamp Sales
- Homeowners Insurance
- Credit Life & Credit Disability on Loans
- Investment services through CUNA Mutual Insurance
- VISA Gift Cards
- GAP Insurance
- VISA Prepaid Debit Cards
All deposits in MECU are insured to $250,000.00 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the Federal Government.